I LOVE pumpkin! And fall is the perfect time of year for enjoying pumpkin in so many different ways. I like to roast several pie or kabocha pumpkins from the farmers market and freeze them in one or two cup servings (either flat in a ziplock bag or in freezer containers - though ice-cube or baby-food trays work well, too) so I always have fresh roasted pumpkin on hand. It really makes a difference in flavor, nutrition and consistency of my favorite pumpkin recipes.
This recipe for Pumpkin Spice Muffins is my all time favorite. Adapted from a recipe on Elana’s Pantry, I made a few tweaks of my own that my family loves. These muffins are grain free, gluten free and nut free. Packed with protein-rich whole eggs, fiber rich coconut flour, anti-inflammatory ginger and a hint of natural sweetness from honey make them a perfect and filling snack. They are moist, delicious and bursting with spice flavor. I hope you like them!
...And be sure to check the links at the bottom of this post for even more delicious pumpkin recipes!
Pumpkin Ginger Muffins
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tbsp Ground, Dried Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Ground, Dried Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Fresh Roasted Pumpkin
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 4 Tbsp Cold Butter, Cubed (or 4 Tbsp Coconut Oil for Dairy Free Version)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Pulse dry ingredients in food processor or electric mixer. Add the eggs and mix again. Add remaining ingredients and mix/pulse until well combined and smooth. Transfer to paper-lined or greased (with coconut oil) muffin tins. Bake at 350 F for 25 min.
Makes about 12 muffins. They freeze great. Enjoy!
More Ways to Enjoy Pumpkin!
- These Paleo Pumpkin Pie Gummies are AMAZING!
- This Raw Pumpkin Ice Cream is a real treat.
- Or, consider simply boiling a cubed pumpkin in some chicken broth, simmered with cinnamon sticks, ginger, sage and either a whole apple or a splash of apple cider until tender and puree until smooth for a divine soup!